Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weddings and the Average 4 year old

In a little over a month, we are going to be in a wedding.  And by "we" I mean all 3 of us.  I am the Matron of Honor, BT is a groomsman, and Bub is one of the ring bearers is BT's sister's wedding.  We are all happy to be in it and are looking forward to it. 

My job is, apparently, to walk the ring bearers (the other one is our nephew, BT's brother's son) down the aisle.  I have been talking to Bub about weddings and being a ring bearer.  He does not seem enthusiastic about dressing up and having all the people look at him.  I told him that he was going to walk down an aisle with Mommy and his cousin and all the people are going to look and say "Look at the cute boys"  and he replied with "Uh, yuck!"  But I think he will be fine.  I think we might start practicing.  I can get the processional music and we can walk slowly around and maybe that will help.  I have visions of him speeding down the aisle with me hissing at him to stop.  But I think having an audience will slow him down a bit and make him more self-conscious.  Although he does love an audience.  I was wondering if I was going to have a bouquet and if not then I could hold their hands, but they are carrying pillows and I'm certain I will have a bouquet so that's out.  I'm sure I am worrying too much.  But I am trying to impress on Bub that we need to be good and give his aunt a nice wedding and not spoil it by being silly.  We can be silly all we want at the reception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment