Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

A post about coffee

I can't pretend to be some kind of coffee connoisseur. That would be my husband, but I like coffee. For a long time I added a little milk and some Ovaltine to my coffee every morning since I'm not up to drinking it black. Then I started getting flavored coffee pods when we got our Keuring and it escalated from there. I found a caramel macchiato flavor at Target and that was extra good with some condensed milk added it.

Lately, though,  I've been buying flavored coffee creamer to add to my Community Coffee Breakfast Blend. Community Coffee is a Louisiana based coffee company and it's the brand
my parents have always use and, consequently, so do I (also BT worked for them for 3 years). I've tried Salted Caramel Mocha, Caramel Macchiato and Southern Butter Pecan and have enjoyed them all. The last couple of weeks I've been buying the International Delight iced coffees and, inspired by the Internet, adding frozen coffee cubes to it. My mom gave me a whole bunch of french vanilla coffee pods that I didn't really like. But I started freezing them and it turns out that the internet is right. They make good ice for cold coffee drinks. I just add 2 of those and then pour the iced coffee over it and go and it doesn't get watered down. It's a good summer morning drink. 

It's starting to feel more like fall lately especially since Bub started 2nd grade last week so I'm looking forward to some Pumpkin Spice lattes and going back to hot coffee drinks. I've found the older I get the more I look forward to a cup of coffee in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment