1. A Charlie Brown Christmas - We own it and my husband has to break it out at least 2 times a year. And now the boy is loving Snoopy. My favorite part is when Linus quotes the second chapter of the Gospel of Luke, verses 8 through 14 to emphasize what Christmas is really about:
"'And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"
2. A Christmas Story - annual favorite and all time classic. "I want an offical Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the scope and this thing that tells time." I love it when the kid's tongue gets stuck to the pole.
3. The Santa Clause - I just find it to be a very cute movie with great spirit.
4. All the stop motion animated Christmas specials like Santa Claus is Coming to Town with the Burgermeister Meisterburger and Frosty the Snowman
5. A Muppet Christmas Carol - I just bought it because I love it so much. The songs and the acting is really great and of course, Muppets! What could be better?