Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thinking

I have a book blog and for almost 3 years have considered myself a book blogger.  But my enthusiasm has run out.  I still like reading and reviewing.  I'm just tired of all the challenges and the obligation to comment on others' blogs and all the things that go along with trying to have a successful blog that gets comments.  I'm thinking of just finishing out this year and all the books I have for review and then shutting it down.  But I really do still like reviewing.  The blog was originally intended as just a place for me to write down my thoughts about book I'm reading and then I got into the whole blog blogger community and all the challenges and I enjoyed making friends but I'm just in a different place personally now.  The reason I'm posting about this here is that I don't want to get all dramatic over there when I don't know if that is really what I'm going to be doing.  I think for now I'll just drop all my challenges that require me to read certain books and see how I go from there.  I also need to get through my review copy books.  I just don't want to come off like a former book blogger friend who went through about 10 ways of quitting before she finally did.  Her way just left a bad taste in my mouth.  I just want do reviews without it being a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment