Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Santa the stranger

I've been trying this holiday season to take my kids to see Santa. But things like sickness and the weather keep getting in our way. Finally I gave up and we decided to go to the mall. It's not that I don't like the mall Santa. I do. We have a very good mall Santa and the set-up is really pretty. It's just that it is expensive and, more than that, can be overwhelming for little ones. The only mall Santa picture I have with Bub was when he was about 2 and he was not happy about Santa. Now the thing about Button is she doesn't like strangers. She gets very serious with people she doesn't know. It's part of the reason why most of the professional pictures I've had taken of her are with a serious face. So knowing what I know, I kind of knew how this was going to turn out. The only saving grace could have been her brother. But not even his presence was going to save her from Santa. It did not go over well. Santa, in the end, had to stand behind the chair and even so the picture is not the best. C'est la vie, I suppose. I did get some great pictures of them in front of our Christmas tree in their nice clothes and I'm thinking about taking them to a local restaurant where Santa is going to be and trying again. Maybe in a more relaxed setting I can get a decent picture. And, if not, oh well. This will all be apart of the story of Button's 2nd Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment