Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

This is not a resolution

I decided not to make any resolutions this year related to health and/or weight loss. I don't need that kind of pressure anymore. But I would like to take up exercising again. It's something that has been in the back of my mind for a while now.

So the university rec center has started a promotion that if you take 20 classes in the next 4 weeks then you get a free t-shirt. This is something I could never hope to accomplish as that is one class everyday for 4 weeks and I don't have that kind of time. However one of my coworkers is highly motivated for this free t-shirt and so she is going for it. I, in turn, have become inspired to at least try the rec center once a week. So yesterday I went to the barre workout with her. I was nervous because while she is 27 and looks like a college student, I'm fairly certain no one is mistaking me for one. She assured me that the students don't care and they aren't going to judge me as the "old lady." And she was right. Mostly they were trying to keep up and figure out the moves same as me.

Mostly when I work out at home I do walking or aerobic workouts and nothing is ever strenuous because I'm a toe in the water kind of person. Not that the barre workout was strenuous. It just worked my muscles groups (my legs mostly) in a way that they are not use to. Which is good but also oww. It was a lot of ballet moves (as expected) with some push-ups throw in at the end. I enjoyed the class and was happy I went even if I'm sore today. I'm definitely going to try to go once a week while she is working on her t-shirt and maybe even after. I'm hoping that it motivates me to do some workouts at home. But mostly it was nice to 1. do something that did not involve my children and 2. do something just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment