Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Party like it's my birthday

Because it is!  My birthday, I mean. Yes today I'm turning the crusty old age of 37. My plans for today including going to work, taking my son to school, going back to work, working, and then leaving early and going to the movies to see Pitch Perfect 2. I'm pretty excited. Maybe not for the work part but the movies sound pretty good. My coworker mentioned lunch but I think I just want to eat movie nachos and chill. It's not exciting but then I've never been inclined toward the exciting so it suits me just fine. I may even buy myself a book and the drink a margarita with the fajitas my husband is gong to make me.

I kind of can't believe that I am 37. You ever have one of the those moments when you suddenly realize how old you are. Yeah, that's me. I had a moment the other day when I was suddenly surprised to find that I was 36 and a mother of two. It was weird but it was a moment of just supreme awareness. And I know that 37 is nowhere near old but I keep thinking about how close to 40 I am. Turning 30 didn't bother me and 35 was whatever but I have a feeling I'm going to take 40 hard especially judging by the way I'm dwelling on 37. But a coworker asked me what more I wanted to accomplish in life?Nothing, really. I have a beautiful family, a good career and a nice house. I think I've done pretty well for myself. So it's not that. It's just a weird thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment