Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nicknames.

Nicknames.  I always wanted a really cool nickname.  My family, since I was little, has called me Annie, sometimes Ann as I got older.  But even that has faded a little.  When I was in college, a guy I knew called me Dre which is ultra-cool but I don't know if I'm that cool.  And how do I introduce my new nickname to my IRL peeps?  At the age of 32, it would be hard to say "ok, call me this now" because that might be stupid.  I think I might have missed the cut-off point for gaining an new cool nickname.

And, suddenly, this has become an obsession of mine.  Like it occured to me yesterday that I never had just the best nickname in the world.  I'm not sure why.  Alas, the dream might be unattainable and I can only sigh over it now.


*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment