Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

ADHD period

Yes, Bub is ADHD, no question mark. Or at least he is according to the American Academy of Pediatrics'  4 page form. And, yes, we medicated him. And he is doing really well. The first Friday of March we brought him to his pediatrician who prescribe him an ADHD medication, but recommended we also bring him to a child psychiatrist for further testing to rule out any other disorders. I haven't done that yet. I'm searching for one in my insurance network. But that is next on my list of things to do. In the meantime, we have starting him on the meds and they definitely work. They seem to be controlling his impulsive behavior. I've never seen him be able to sit for so long and he isn't running around and it only takes one (well maybe twice, he is still only 6) for me to say something to him for him to stop. It's pretty amazing. It's like the chaos in his brain is much more orderly now. He's doing much better at school though homework is still hard because the meds have worn off by the time I get home. But I have more hope for him to be able to get along at school and make it the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment