Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year (playing catchup)

Happy 2014! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. Ours has been pretty busy but fun. Christmas we spent with my family and everyone enjoyed all their presents. Bub and I received archery sets but we've only got to shoot a few times, mostly because of the rain. Button's been enjoying her new barn and dollhouse and Bub's favorite present is the Kindle Fire my sister got him (she spoils him). 

Yesterday for New Year's Eve we took the kids to the local childrens museum to their New Year's Noon party. It was super crowded but they had fun. At noon, the museum does a countdown and then confetti and toys fall out of balls hanging from the ceiling. They have outdoor carnival games and then all the regular museum exhibits too. This is the 3rd time we've gone and Bub likes it. Then last night the kids and I went to dinner with my parents and sister and had some seafood. It was a long wait but the food was good. We made it home early and not one of the three of us saw the new year come in. I think BT was the only one awake.

Today we had lunch with my parents and spent some more time over there since my sister is going back home this afternoon. It's been a fairly quiet day. We watched LSU play and then we left before she did since Button was desperately in need of a nap. My plans for the rest of the day include doing nothing. It's been a whirlwind of activity since winter break started and I think we need some downtime at home. And anyway I think we need to rest up since tomorrow starts day 1 of a preliminary attempt at potty training. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to involve a lot of cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment