Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Into the fray

The good news is that BT got a new job. A day time job in fact so that's pretty awesome. The bad news is that he has to go for training and won't be around for a while. The worst new is that Button has to go to daycare now. Yeah, maybe that's not the worst news but it feels like it. It feels like it because I've enjoyed knowing she was home with her dad and I knew for certain how her day was going and that she was happy. But all the research I did in the past on daycares paid off because I was able to call up a few that we saw and find her a spot almost right away. My first choice had a tentative spot in 2-4 weeks. Eh, I was hesitate to take it because what if the spot hadn't opened up when we needed it? I can only take so much work off and I've been doing a lot of that lately. Plus soon it will just be down to me to take care of them. So I called my second choice and they had 2 spots available right then. It was decided to take the sure thing. Plus this place has the bonus of holiday care so Bub will have a place to go on the days that he is off and I am not. Heck I might even make him go on a few of those days so I can get a few things done in peace. And it has a summer camp so he will be able to go to that. He went there a few years ago and had a good time so I know that he will enjoy it this summer too. This way they will be at the same place and it will be easier to drop off/pick up whenever they need to go at the same time. So that makes things a bit easier on me. And because she is enrolled there, he has first choice at a summer camp spot.

All in all, I think it's going to work out fine. She is becoming more and more interested in other kids and wants to play with them. She seems to be craving some socialization. I'm not sure if 40 hours a week is what she necessarily wants but it's what she is getting. They will teach her things and it will be a good learning experience. I know she's only 2 but it's probably a good time for her to get out of the house and start hanging out with others. And if nothing else it's probably only for a couple of years anyway if I can get her into the preschool at Bub's school. There is a sense of accomplishment not putting her in daycare for almost the first 2 years of her life, but I am also afraid it will make it harder. I've seen kids starting daycare after years at home with mom (or dad) and it can be sad. I'm sure we will have our ups and downs but once she gets use to it, I think she is going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment