Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Repainting complete

I mentioned in May that I was redoing the master bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom is a soft calm bluish green while the bathroom is a bright yellow. I finished up about mid-June and I love how it turned out. It was a lot of work. The bathroom required a coat of mildew/mold killing primer on the walls and ceiling and then 2 coats of paint. We are eventually going to repaint the trim in the bathroom to a darker brown to bring the color down a little. But I'm super happy with it. The bedroom went a little quicker with only 1 coat of paint needed on the walls and ceiling. It's just that our furniture is big so it had to be done in 2 days to deal with that. But the ceiling went rather quickly since I just painted the inside of the tray.

My new bedspread looks nice and we cleaned out a lot of junk that was cluttering up the room. I haven't got any pictures for the bedroom though I have plans to print out a few of BT's photographs to hang. I did get something for the bathroom however. I wanted something to fill the wall space over the tub and eventually decided on a wall decal. I bought a rather large dandelion decal from an Etsy store and it looks great. I got new towels to tie the two colors together and I have a few other ideas to tie the rooms together even more.



Master bedroom




Master bath


No comments:

Post a Comment