Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

140 decibels

My daughter is loud. She is loud in a way that BT and I are not. He pointed it out to me one day. "Have you noticed how loud is she?" And then I did. It's not that BT and I are incapable of being loud, but we generally are not. I suppose she comes by it honest anyway because his family is loud and my father's family is loud though I didn't know that loudness was a genetic trait. Bub, I would say, falls in the general regular loudness scale, when he is excited, etc. But just regular talking, not so much. But she is just very outspoken and at top volume. I asked if she knew what an inside voice is. "No," she said. I told her it was when you are inside so you talk quieter. She thought about it for a moment. "No," she said. No, that's okay, apparently I'm cool with using an outside voice at all times is what I assume she meant. It seems though she is not like this with everyone. At daycare they are surprised when we pick her up and she exhibits her most three year old behaviors (me first! me do it! NO ME!). They think she is a quiet, sweet, angel baby. She has them snowed. We know the truth at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment