Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Beach

Mardi Gras 2009
I am not a big fan of the beach in general.  Salt water makes my skin feel weird and it is hot and sticky and sandy and bathing suits are involved.  So yeah not my biggest thing.  But we usually go to my in-laws' condo in Florida for Labor Day.  We didn't last year for some reason, but this year we get to go.  And I need a break from work so bad right now.  So I am actually looking forward to the beach this year.  I've got my cute Lime Ricki swimsuits and I'm ready to get my drink on.  And it is always nice to go with the in-laws since my mother-in-law and youngest sister-in-law (when she is there) will do things for Bub thus taking some of the burden off of me.  And even better he wants them to pay attention to him AND they want to do it so I am not expected to play with him all the time like I am when we are alone and he has some weird separation anxiety and won't let me go.

The last few times we've gone he has been little and he liked the sand but not the ocean so much.  I'm curious to see how this year goes since he doesn't mind too much going underwater but he doesn't want to do it all the time.  And with the waves crashing down and everything, I'm not sure how much he will like it.  But his grandfather has been dying to take him to the beach for a while now so that will be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment