Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lime Ricki Swimsuits

Jenni Tankini
So I finally got two swimsuits for this year.  Yes, I know it is September but I've been swimming a lot more lately and was tired of wearing my two ill-fitting swimsuits from a few years ago.  I found the Lime Ricki swimsuits online and finally ordered some.  A few hits and misses later, I have the Jennie Tankini) and the Balboa Tankini from their Called to Surf line (I am not, in fact, called to surf, but the suits are cute.)  Both are great because they are long and long is good.  No chance of it riding up.  I have the hot pink boy shorts to go with Jenni, but I also own some plain black "hot pant" bottoms that I might wear with it too.  The Jenni is like a faux halter in a way because the support is not coming from the straps around the neck but from the neckline that fits quite a bit like a strapless dress might.  It is a little tighter than I normally wear but for some reasons this doesn't bother me.  And the boy shorts have an wide band on the top so it cuts right under my belly button and that is the right place on me.  I think it looks cute and my mom told me she liked it which means it must be ok. 

Balboa Tankini
The Balboa Tankini is from their limited Call to Surf line.  Some of their stuff looks very pre-teen/teenage but I really liked the print on this one.  It seems a little more adult but still fun.  I even bought the polka-dot bottoms just in case and I'm glad I did because they are extremely cute.  Normally I'm afraid of the cut of regular bottoms but these look pretty good on me and don't cut in an awkward place.  I am very pleased.  My only caveat is that the top straps are a little long and so they don't hold me up as much as I would like.  Obviously this was made for someone with a little less up top than I have.  But it's not a big deal.



I did say I had some hits and misses.  When I ordered the Jenni tankini, I ordered the boy shorts and I liked them, but I always have the thought in the back of my mind that maybe the other pair would have been better so I ordered the original bottoms.  Those did not look that great on me.  They cut at a weird place on my stomach and across my legs.  It was a bit of a mess.  So I sent them back and ordered the black cinch skirted bottoms but that looked a little "old ladyish" for me so back they went. 
So I am extremely happy with what I ended up with.  Maybe I'm not quite as cute as the girls in the pictures, but these swimsuits are so fun and cool that I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment