Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On quitting book blogging

So for almost 3 years I've been running a book blog. And I loved it until mid-summer last year. We had some personal issues going on and then I got pregnant and so my love of reviewing books just fell away. But I felt like I had this obligation so I kept at it, slowly posting less and less and stop commenting altogether. Then it dawned on me what I was doing. And I didn't know how to continue. Plus I knew that when the baby is born I really won't have time to blog that much. Or at least read and review. I thought, well I'll just take a hiatus when the baby is born, no big deal. But as the end of 2011 approach I realized that wasn't what I wanted to do. I just didn't want to do it anymore.

So today I quit. I posted about an extended indefinite hiatus. The funny thing is now that I don't have to anymore, I kind of feel like I want to. I know that I'll still post reviews here and there but it feels like a burden is gone. I hated feeling like something that was suppose to be a hobby was a burden and now that feeling is lifted. I don't have to accept books for review or have review every book I read. I can just read for fun again without feeling like I need to bookmark and analyze.

I really do hope to get back to book blogging again one day. But right now I just want to read for myself. I'd also like to put some more time into this blog which I've woefully neglected for too long now. I can't decide how much I have to say about anything. I did enjoy recapping Lost and wouldn't mind doing the same for the only show I really watch now, Once Upon a Time. I don't know. I'll just have to see.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya and understand. Ya gotta go with your gut. I've been contemplating branching out on my blog and covering other stuff. Just not sure what yet.

    ReplyDelete