Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

To say that I've spent a lot of time in the state of Oklahoma is an understatement. Both of my parents are from there and we spent two weeks each summer, not to mention other visits for special occasions. I have a lot of relatives that live there. Thank God none of them were effected by the recent tornado, but it's always a worry. The thing about tornado is that you never see them coming and they are incredibly unpredictable. That's why I prefer hurricanes. I like to see my natural disasters coming for days. I like to be able to get out of the way. I am so sad about the loss of life in Oklahoma especially those poor children. It is just so sad. Mother Nature is the most destructive force. This is one of the reason I'll never live in the Midwest. Blizzards and tornadoes, just not my thing. But it is beautiful there and it's so terrible to see the destruction that has occurred.

If you've never heard of it, ShelterBox provides temporary housing for people displaced by disaster. They will be going to Oklahoma soon. One of my favorite authors Maureen Johnson has set up a donation page to help out ShelterBox. If you are interested in donating click here. It is a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment