Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Almost time for daycare

Daycare has always been one of my biggest stressors. Finding it when Bub was 10 months old, moving him at 17 months to a different one when I changed jobs and then the issues that arose before we pulled him out when he was 5. Luckily we worked it out til he started school. But now it's almost Button's turn and it is starting to stress me out again. Because of our bad experience with Bub's last one I just don't want to send her to daycare. But BT will hopefully be changing jobs soon to a daytime job and she is going to have to go somewhere. I wish I knew someone who did in-home daycare who I could trust. But I trust a random stranger alone with my daughter less than I trust a certified daycare. So that looks to be our best option right now.

My problem is finding a daycare with aftercare and a summer program. Right now my mom takes care of Bub afterschool and it is working out great. I'm concerned that one day it will be too much for her and she will stop and I will be stuck. So I want to find a daycare with an afterschool program that will pick him up from school. I'd like for them to be in the same place when it is time to pick them up instead of trying to get them from different locations. And then he will need someplace to go for the summer and I'd ideally like for it to be a summer camp with field trips. Yes, I know I ask a lot. So beyond Button, I need to factor in Bub, mostly for the summer but with after-school care in the back of my mind as well. But if I can't get them at the same place then we will work around it. I'm trying to be flexible but I want to be practical too.

My biggest problems are finding trust in daycares and timing. The trust thing, well, that is just something I will have to get over. It's a hard thing but if you are in a situation where you have to trust someone else to care for your child because you have to work then that is what you have to do. But the timing is a problem. Because we don't know when exactly BT will get a new job and how much he will be making, we can't commit to a daycare until then. I'm afraid to put her on lists only to have to turn them down because we aren't ready. So I'm trying not to stress but then I can't help it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment