Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Currently streaming

Long ago I said I wanted to cancel the satellite TV and just have Netflix and maybe Hulu+. And we kicked the idea around and finally BT agreed despite the fact that it is almost football season. But I ended up suspending it for 6 months to see how we liked having no regular TV before we all out canceled it. So Monday was our last day with regular TV. I subscribed to Hulu on Tuesday and we are giving that a whirl. So far I haven't missed it. I don't watch a whole lot of TV. I use to watch a lot of TV and then I had kids and just stopped. There are a few shows that I really wanted to watch and some of them are available on the services mentioned. But I will mostly miss Cupcakes Wars and Tia and Tamera, two of my favorite shows and ones that I made a point of watching. I think I will survive without them and hopefully they will show up in streaming one day.

I know quite a few people who do this and none of them have said too many negative things. One of my co-workers even said that it was good for the kids since they see a lot less advertisements and that is one benefit I am looking forward to. Bub was getting too invested and wanting too much of what he saw on TV. So this is good in that regard.

I am pretty happy with the selection available so far but I wish there was one more streaming service available. Netflix lacks in some pretty big company areas due to rights agreements and so I wish I could get one more supplementing service. But so far so good. Bub won't care and BT will only care if he gets a daytime job and will be missing football. But as of now Netflix has his science and history shows and so he is good. As far me, well, like I said, I don't watch a lot of TV on my own anymore and the one show I do care about trying to keep up with is available on streaming (Once Upon a Time) so I think I'll be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment