Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Musical stylings of...

I have been meaning to say this for a while, but I listen to some non-popular pop music. I am one of those people that listens to radio music. When I was younger I listened to less mainstream music and watched edgy shows but life is way to complicated and confusing without my entertainment contributing too.
That being said, I recently downloaded the New Kids on the Block album "The Block." I have to say that I like it. However, it's like they are trying to hard to be cool and young. Here's a hint: you are not, you are like 40. I was expecting some mature songs about having children and being married, but mostly the songs are about sex and sexing some young thing, etc. Honestly, the most ridiculous song I've ever heard is "Full Service," "I'll pump you up (up)" Really!? But I do like "Big Girl Now" and "Grown Man." They are super fun and totally good for a quick burst of disco inferno dancing.. The rest of the fast songs are alright, the slower ones, eh.
As for "Grown Man" I honestly thought they were saying "I'ma gonna give you some room" to, like, dance, you know. But alas, no, here is what they are actually saying:

I'm-a give you some grown man (hey)
I'm-a give you some grown man (oh)
I'm-a give you some grown man

which changes things considerable. I really should look at song titles before I make such erroneous errors.

The other artist I download a couple of weeks ago was Demi Lovato. I'm not really sure why cause she bothered me on Camp Rock and, in her video for "Back with You" but she seems nice so I really want to like her. It's not bad. I'm not one for slow songs so I tend to skip those. I like "Back to You" and "La La Land" which sounds like a Jonas Bros. song "Video Girl" on the opening. I keep waiting for a girl to say "OMG, I'm dating a Jonas Brother." None of the songs really stand out to me and make me want to put them on repeat. She also sings really hard like she's vomiting up her words. Her voice isn't bad or anything, but it's like she tries too hard. Now that I'm thinking about it, I actually don't like to watch her sing. It disturbs me. Some people have this feeling about Jessica Simpson. Demi is my Jessica. Maybe because she is totally in real-life hard core (she says) and she has to sing (OMG) Disney and she is offending her punk sensibilities and it really is like vomiting for her. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment