Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hair cutting. Clearly not one of my talents.

The last time Bub had a professional haircut was right before school started. I am terrible at taking him for a cut so I had the lady cut it shorter than she normally would so that it would grow out and still look decent. Over the past few months I've trimmed up the bangs, sides and back as it has grow and that worked for a while. But the last time I did it he ended up looking like Moe from The Three Stooges (something he loved). And then his hair just looked terrible. It was time for a cut. I saw on Pinterest a tutorial on cutting boy hair. Sure, I can do this. Yeah, I can't do this. Hair cutting is not within the realms of my talents. I do not have the hand or patience for such a task.

At first it was going alright and I thought yeah this is going to look fine. But then I cut too short in one area and then had to shorten the rest. Then he moved when I was cutting his bangs so those got all wonky. Long story short (too late) I ended up putting the longest guard we have on my husband's clippers and cut it that short all over. He looks fine. It's nice to see his face again and we can start fresh on growing it out. It's just cold out and now his hair is so short. Poor baby. I just need to own up to my barber failures and just take him to a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment