Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Here we go again

So I resolved to exercise more, specifically to do the Couch to 5K program. BT agreed to do it with me and as of today he has completed week 1. Meanwhile, I am, well, still on the couch. I had decided to start on Sunday but it is cold and wet outside and I'm a chicken. It's been a year since I have really worked out and I'm afraid to start with something so strenuous. So this morning when BT came back from his run I mentioned this to him. I think I am going to do the same indoor exercise videos I had been doing to get myself back up to speed and by the time I plateau with those videos it will be light enough outside for me to start running in the morning. Because the other issue I have to resolve is when to do it. Mornings are really the only time for me. Evenings when I get home are taken up with the feedings and homework and bath times and bedtimes. Plus I only have about 4 hours with my kids at night so I want to do things with them. But it's still dark in the mornings and while we live in a safe neighborhood I am still not comfortable running in the dark. It should be getting light out earlier soon so it makes sense for me to wait and in the meantime do something I am comfortable with in the house. I don't know if it will happen today but definitely in the morning. For sure this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment