Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

Like most people I am terrible at upholding my New Years resolutions. But this year I'm trying for a few more attainable goals. Something I can stick with a little more easy than past resolutions.

1. I'd like to start working out again. I was doing really well for a long time and then I got pregnant. Still I worked out til the middle of my 2nd trimester and then I quit and never started again. I'm not resolving to lose weight though that would be nice. I'm resolving to work out more and feel healthy and good about myself again. I started the Couch to 5K last year very briefly and then stopped. So I am going to try that again with the goal of running the Color Run in November in New Orleans.

2. I'd like to be on my phone/electronics less. I had a problem for a while of always being on the computer and not paying attention to Bub. But one day I realized what I was doing ignoring him like that. So I stopped getting on the computer so much. I find that now that I have a smartphone I am on that a lot. And it's not so much that I stay on it constantly because I don't have the kind of time but that I check it all the time. I find too that I do it more when I'm out of the house at my parent's or BT's parents or eating out or whatever. I want to be a good example to my children so I think I need to quit being one of those people I use to hate before I got a smartphone.

3. My eternal struggle: to have more patience. My son can be a lot and he can be a lot most of the time. My daughter hasn't yet reach that stage but I know it will be coming soon within the next year. I want to learn patience and to not yell. I want them to remember me as someone who was loving and kind and not someone who fussed constantly. Patience is not one of my key personality traits so I have to try hard. I am going to continue this year searching for as much patience I can find within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment