Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Believe Dat!


After an nerve-racking game during which my husband and I expressed doubts to the Saints ability to win, they actually won!  This is obviously an unprecedented event in Louisiana history and there was much excitement and jubilation in neighborhoods across the state.  There were even fireworks in my parent's and in-law's neighborhoods.  And it was impossible to make a call or send a text.

It's hard to explain why this means so much.  We just don't get nice things here.  (Well, except for LSU)  Everyone stills talks about Katrina and what the Saints have meant to that city.  And it's a lot for sure.  But down here Katrina is a hard thing to mention and the sadness and desolation of that time is still with everyone.  Even the people not from New Orleans had to deal with the fallout of that storm.  I can't begin to describe the heartbreak I went home with everyday after helping the people who made it out and had no home, no anything anymore.  And things never really picked up from there.  It's just one thing after another and the politicians of our state, well, there's not a lot to say, or maybe there is too much, I don't know.

So we are use to disappointment around here.  And the Saints haven't made it easy.  We've all hung in there with them and have gotten use to not being winners and then they started winning.  And it was amazing.  Our team just kept going and winning and suddenly everyone was talking Super Bowl but with caution because we've been disappointed before.   And then they won!  And it was freaking AMAZING.  The most nail biting game ever.  I will freely admit that before this season I hadn't watched much football and I became interested because they actually had an all-around good team this year.  But my dad has been a fan forever and I grew up with it.  It wasn't the prettiest win, but it was a win.  And the Saints are going to the SUPERBOWL!  So to everyone saying we don't deserve it, we didn't win it.  Well, we did and we are going and we deserve it more than you will ever know.




No comments:

Post a Comment