So I'm reading Pride & Prejudice for a book challenge, Everything Austen, and it's been a LONG time since I read it. The beginning was a little boring but when Mr. Collins came the action picked up which is funny since Mr. Collins is himself very boring. For the challenge I have to read or watch 6 things that are Jane Austen related, books she wrote or parodies or sequels or any movies. I'm doing an all P&P list since there are some many adaptions of her books.
This is my list.
1. Pride and Prejudice (Austen)
2. Pride and Prejudice (BBC mini-series)
3. Pride and Prejudice (2005 movie)
4. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Grahame-Smith)
5. Bride and Prejudice
6. Bridget Jones' Diary OR Pride and Prejudice:A Latter-Day Comedy(2003 movie) OR Pride and Prejudice (1940 movie)
I decided to start with the original so that I can compare the rest to it. I can't wait to read P&P&Z since I've heard great things although I'm not big on zombies. The only thing is I can't decide for #6. I'd like to watch the Latter-Day Comedy since I think that would be interesting, a very different take of P&P. And I LOVE Bride and Prejudice. It's the Bollywood version and it is really good by the same lady who did Bend It Like Beckham.
So anyway, that's what I'm reading right now.