Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

What would you do with a glimpse into the future?

For some reason, I was thinking today that if I had one opportunity to see a glimpse of the future what would I want to see? Cheesily, I would want to see if Bub's turns out alright and that he is a good and happy man in the future. In my heart of hearts, that is the thing that matters to me. I can't be the perfect mother and I'm not always patient or kind or even-tempered with him. But I try, I really do, and I don't want to speed up time. I want to hold my baby as much as possible and kiss him when I can and color and watch movies and read and talk about dinosaurs for as long as he wants me too. But I also want to know that I'm doing the right things and that he turns out alright and that nothing really bad happens to him from now until I have no control over his whereabouts. That is what I'd what to see.

What would you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment