Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

I don't know what to write about so I'll tell you about my weekend

This weekend I had planned to go swimming as evidenced by my Saturday haiku.  But it had rained earlier in the week and the water was a bit too cold.  Maybe next weekend?  We'll see.  Instead I went along with my mom and my sister while they did some shopping and then they took my son home with them while I stayed home and cleaned the window blinds with my husband, BT.  Exciting, I know.  Then we went over to my parent's and played bocce and hung out outside since the weather was nice.  After dinner, my sister, BT, and I played Rock Band and I think I'm starting to do alright on bass.

Sunday Bub and I missed church and the three of us went to a birthday party for one of his preschool friends at a place that is nothing but inflatable bouncy things and slides.  This is our 5th party there and so we are very familiar with the whole thing.  His two best friends showed up late but he was so happy when they got there.  In the party room, the mom had the whole thing themed out in Wizard of Oz with blue/white gingham table clothes and the matching cake and balloons and wall decorations.  She had the plates and the cups but I'm not sure why she had cups because they had juice boxes but whatever.  She was one of those moms who wants everything to be just so and so was trying to get the 4 year olds to do things a certain way and that is never going to happen.  The boys got mini-picnic baskets filled with blue and brown M&Ms and the girls got ruby slipper treat boxes with red and white M&Ms.  It was really cute.

Then after the party we went to my aunt's house for burgers and hot dogs and we played some horseshoes.  My family used to be big into horseshoes and then my uncle got sick and we should of went away from it.  This is the first time we have gotten together to play since he died and I wished he was there.  I think we all did.  But it was fun and I lost because I am not that good but I scored a couple of points and one ringer so that is something.  And I played with Bub and my 5 year old cousin.  We all had a good time and it was a nice weekend.  Just really busy.  Maybe next weekend we can have a day at home.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the busy weekend. Most time those party themes are probably more for the parents at that age, but how fun is Wizard of Oz for that. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete