Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Workout routines

We all have routines.  I live almost solely on a routine and most of the time it makes me happy.  Last year, around August, I decided to change my routine and incorporate some exercise.  Back before I was a mom I used to workout when I got home from work, but that fell to the wayside once I had my son.  One day I realized that I hated how much weight I had put on and I needed to do something about it. Put up or shut up.  But given the fact that exercising in the evening was no longer an option, I decided I need to drag my butt out of bed in the morning.  So I started getting up at 5:30 a.m. and working out.  Mostly using videos because I can't really leave the house and my sleeping son.  I have actually stuck with it for the most part except for a few weeks here and there and I am proud of that.

I've finally reached the point where I know what kind of workouts I want to do after much trial and error.  I really like the "Walk Away the Pounds" series and the Self fitness videos with the strength training.  My plan is to alternate a walking video on Mondays and Thursdays with a strength training video on Tuesdays and Fridays and save Wednesdays for Pilates.  However I am having a tough time getting into that routine.  I somehow always manage to skip Wednesdays and then sometimes I get to Thursdays and don't get up.  This morning I didn't wake up in time so I didn't do anything.  I plan on making that up at some point.  Most of the time I am getting in 3-4 days which is good but not quite to the level I want.  Oh well, try and try again, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment