Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Wodehouse

Late last year I read a long short story (or a short novella, your pick) called "The Crime Wave at Blandings" by P.G. Wodehouse.  I'd never read any Wodehouse but he was an author I always meant to read.  I really enjoyed the story and in a fit of interest I decided I would read the entire Blandings Castle Saga, short stories and novels, in 2011.  And here it is, mid-April, and I've read 2 novels and I'm halfway through a 3rd.  I have a lot of books to read, including some review books for the book blog, and I'm now wondering if I am going to make my goal.  I'm going to continue to go through with my personal challenge, but I am going to try not to be too disappointed with myself if I don't make it.  It's honestly not that big a deal if I don't finish and if I can't get the whole thing done by the end of the year, I can continue it onto the next year.  That being said, I am enjoying the Wodehouse books.  It's like reading a British sitcom and I love those things!  I love that these books are still funny 80+ years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment