Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rough Week

This has been a rough week so far. More than that, though, since last Wednesday I got sick with strep throat. Then someone who was like my uncle died (our families have been friends for over 40 years, his brother was married to my paternal aunt) on Sunday and my son got sick with the (regular) flu and my (real) uncle had a mild stroke. I had planned on going to volunteer training for hospice on Friday and getting my hair cut on Saturday but I had to put those plans off. I am disappointed by the volunteer thing but I couldn't take the time off after missing 2 1/2 days last week and 1/2 a day on Tuesday for the funeral. I am trying to give something back since hospice has been good to my uncles, but there is no way. I would like to keep my job.

I did go to CPR training at work today though. Man, I hope I never have to use it cause I don't know how good I would be in a crisis. And I had a sorority set up to do a display but they misunderstood and did ONE case so now I have to figure something out for that. I'm not messing with student organizations anymore. They mess up too much and don't show up half the time.

Thank God that my mom is so great! She took the week off to take care of the boy since he can't go back till Thursday although we are going to keep him out Friday too. There's no real point in going for one day. If I didn't have my mom, this week would have been even rougher. Moms are the best.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Andrea that sounds awful. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Just take it one day at a time. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete