Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Poor little sick me

So I broke down and went to the doctor because having a fever for three days is not a good thing, especially when people are freaking about the new flu. I went to the new Urgent Care place and I was the first patient there so that was nice. Anyway, it seems I have strep throat which I've never had before. I got a shot of cortisone (which hurts) and a prescription for an antibiotic if I don't feel better soon. I'm going to fill it tomorrow if I am still feeling bad. So I've missed 2 1/2 days of work but at least it is for a reason.

When we were little and had to go to the doctor cause we were sick or just had to get shots, I was always the good one. My sister (who is 2 1/2 years older than me) would back herself into the corner and say "Wait, wait I have to tell you something" and the adults would wait and she couldn't think of anything so they would try again. They would do this several times until my mom would get exasperated and grab her and then they would give the shot. I was never afraid until I was in the room with my sister. Because it really only hurt for a second and we had a great nurse who would say "Okay deep breath, little stick and done" and that would make me feel okay. Also I sat on my mom's lap a lot. We would get some gum, the really sugary kind, and a sticker. And a lot of times my mom would buy us a treat or a coke or something afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment