Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not a good morning

Let me lead you through my mornings.  I get up somewhere between 5:25 and 5:45 (on a bad day) and workout, two of my least favorite things to do but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.  Then I fix Bub some oatmeal and juice and set it on the TV tray in the living room and put on whatever show he likes watching at the time.  For a while it was Micky Mouse Clubhouse, but he likes Timmy Time right now.  I don't really care.  I use to get him dressed in bed and then let him eat cereal in the car on the way to daycare, but now I let him watch TV.  Anyway, I very nicely turn on his lamp so his room isn't too bright first thing and then tell him to wake up, that Timmy Time (or whatever) is on.  Most of the time he will get up and go into the living room.  I pick out his clothes and bring them into the living room and then them.  I then go get dressed myself hoping he will eat while I'm doing that.  Then, ideally, I go and get him dressed or help him dressed himself, fix my lunch if I need to and off we go.

Lately he has been giving me so much trouble.  This morning, as an example, he didn't want to get out of bed and then he finally did. I told him to eat.  When I peeked out he wasn't eating, so I told him that the TV would be going off if he didn't eat.  He took a bite.  When next I looked he was just laying there.  No.  So I went and turned the TV off and tried to make him get dressed.  He didn't want.  Frustrated, I said to get dressed now and then the TV can come back on.  Finally he did with tears.  Then he didn't want to eat.  I told him no oatmeal tomorrow.  I'm done wasting food on someone who won't eat it.  Crying.  But it's too late, we have to go.  This kid has 1, maybe 2 things to do in the morning.  Eat his food which I fixed for him and get dressed.  I don't even require the latter.  It would just be nice.  Tomorrow we are going to start fixing his behavior.  TV is not a right and certainly not first thing in the morning.  I am just being nice.  Really I'm a pick-your-battles kind of mom.  And we are about to go to war over the morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment