Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweet Dreams

The other night I had a dream.  Maybe it was one long dream or just the same dream twice.  I'm not sure how that works.  But anyway.  The first dream had me and my sister-in-law's fiancé in New Orleans going to a dance class, but then we just ended up wandering around the city talking about life and their upcoming nuptials.  We were holding hands through part of it.  I remember because I was surprised.  Then I had the same dream again, same scenario and everything only my sister-in-law was the one I was with.  Same conversation, same hand holding, but she was a little girl.  It was so strange.

So onto the dream dictionary:

To dream that your own grown children are still very young, indicates that you still see them as young and dependent.
So she is not my own child, but I have known her since she was 12 and now she is almost 24 so that's half her life.  But she is getting married and growing up.

To dream that you are holding hands with someone, represent love, affection and your connection with that person. Your dream may also reflect anxieties about losing touch with him/her or that you are drifting apart.
True, true.  I do love them both very much and we have been hanging out more since she came home from grad school.  As for drifting apart, I don't know.  Maybe they will move away and we won't see them as much.  And I think part of this is the realization the other day that we have only seen our nephew like 3 or 4 times and I wish that we could see BT's brother and his family more.  And so I'm afraid that we won't see my sister-in-law and her husband much or something.

To dream that you are walking with ease, signifies a slow, but steady progress toward your goals. You are moving through life in a confident manner. Consider your destination.
They are moving towards their goal of getting married and becoming their own family.  I am moving toward the goal of completing my family when I have a second child.   I've sort of hinged my pregnancy timeline on their wedding.  Once it is over, then we are going to start trying for our next kid.

Interesting what dreams can reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment