Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tattoos

Little known fact about me: I have two tattoos. Now most people who know me IRL know I have at least one but I got a second one 3 years ago and haven't told that many people. In fact, the only people I told were my husband (of course), my two good friends who worked with me (one of whom went with me), and my parents. The first one looks like this:

Best picture I could get

I got it when I was 20. I had been wanting one for several years and finally I got up the courage to do it. I picked the design when I was around 18 or so and thought about it that long. It is about being child-like and not taking stuff so seriously but I have a hard time with that. I still like it and she has been with me though a lot of stuff. Part of me says it should have been a Sailor Moon tattoo because that show means a lot to me, but I didn't know 10 years ago I would still like Sailor Moon.

My other one looks like this:
You can't tell but it is in the center of my back above my bra line.


A little background on me, my mother is 1/2 Cherokee. She is the only one of her siblings who is half, the rest are full-bloods (she has a different dad). So I am very proud of my Cherokee heritage. I wanted to get a Japanese symbol because I love them but it didn't seem to fit me. So I got "Happiness" written in Cherokee on my back. The lily of the valley means happiness in flower language. I think it turned out nice. Happiness is the thing I find it hardest to obtain so I thought maybe if I spelled it out, it would help me. Funnily enough, 2 months after I got it, I got pregnant with my boy and he is happiness personified.

I have two more planned and they were suppose to go up my back but now I don't think I would like that so they are going to go down my back.




1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I'm part Irish and have toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo of a particular Celtic knot, the symbol of the goddess of singers and musicians. However, I hate needles and can't even deal with the non-permanency of hair dye. Maybe henna...

    ReplyDelete