Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

And then the shark jumped out of the water and ate them!


Last night while flipping through the channels, BT discovered that Deep Blue Sea was on. Knowing my love of shark movies, he stopped just for me. The first time I saw Jaws, I was around 8 or 9. My sister's friend had a copy. In retrospect, it was not my best decision to watch that movie. I was scared of swimming pools and the beach for a long time.

Now, however, I love these types of movies. I don't own any for some reason but I will watch them on TV if they are on. When we moved when I was 13, my cousin and I were watching Jaws 2 when the adults were painting and doing wallpaper and one of my aunts kept coming and watching and covering her face, but she kept coming back.

The cool thing about the original Jaws so the mystery of the shark. Because of technical problems, the film makers decided to show the shark as little as possible but that made the movie creepier. Once you actually see the shark, it's a little less terrifying since, honestly, it is not the best shark ever made.

I also love Deep Blue Sea. The sharks are very well done of course. But I also like Lake Placid and I've seen Piranha but it wasn't my favorite. Basically any underwater predator who eats people movie and I'm there, the bigger the better. I laughed my ass off when, at the end of Undercover Brother, the shark jumped out of the water and ate the guy. Basically, every movie needs to end with someone making out or getting eaten by a shark.

I've read the Jaws book and the book Meg, a Jaws rip-off about a Carcharodon megalodon, a prehistoric shark. It was okay but Jaws does it better as always.

1 comment:

  1. You and my sister would be movie buddies. I really cringe at those type of movies. I have an overactive imagination, so even if it's a poorly done shark...I still freak out :)

    ReplyDelete