Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

This Year's Easter

First off, Happy Easter to anyone who read this!

Full confession: I didn't go to church today. I'm at my in-laws and they are Catholic but I'm Baptist. I've been to mass many times but I didn't feel like going today. I know our two year old, B, would have been all over the place and neither me or my husband, BT, felt like messing with him. They don't have a nursery or children's church.

I'm not a big church goer even though I say that I want to take B since I feel it is important for him to at least have the background and knowledge so later in life he can decide for himself how he feels about church. This being said I haven't done anything about it yet. There is a Baptist church in the town we moved to last year and I'm going to call and see what they have for his age. I use to love church when I was little. I would like him to have that too.

This morning we woke up and BT hid the dyed eggs in the backyard and then I hid the plastic ones with the toys inside. So B had a good time picking them up and throwing them very hard into his basket. He had to carry the basket instead of letting me. Then we showed him the toys inside. He got 3 Elmos, 1 Grover, 1 Cookie Monster, and 1 Bert plus 3 Cars. We also got him a blowup baseball and tee set which he really liked. Later I'd like to get him a play set for outside. But we will probably do that in the summer.


Later we are going to have crawfish. There is something off-putting about the can I actual boiling but they are so good that I can't complain. I know, I know but I'm a Louisiania girl what can I say.

So Happy Easter all! Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment