Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Day of BEDA! + Sailor Moon!

So today is the first day of BEDA (Blog Everyday in April). I have been thinking of things to say but I’m not sure really where to start. As I said before, I’ll be posting here and over here depending on what I want to say.

Something that my family is amused by is my love of Sailor Moon.I am *ahem30* and I still love this show. I started liking it when I was around 16 or 17, I guess, and bought the entire original Minx manga and I have the movies on tape and most of the S season on DVD. Recently a girl I used to work with bought me the movies on DVD which is good because it has both the Japanese version and the dubbed. I prefer the Japanese version for the later season since I hate the voice that they use for Serena. I got out of Sailor Moon for a while since I thought I had seen most of it. But recently, I discovered Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, the live action series, and watched that on You Tube and Veoh. It was so good and very moving and an interesting way to take some of the characters. My favorite Sailor Solider is Venus and I loved what they did with her character in PGSM. I also like the relationship between Venus and Mars. I’m not a shipper by nature and usually accept the author’s version of the story. The rare exceptions are Venus and Mars in PGSM and Jacob and Bella in Twilight (but that is a different story). I really believe that those two Sailors were intended to have more of a romantic relationship, especially the way that it parallels Usagi and Mamoru’s relationship. I like the girls they choose for all the Sailors and think they are all so pretty and Mamoru is so handsome. I have the Complete Song Collection on my mp3 player. My favorite songs are Minako songs, “Romance” and “Kiss2 Bang2.” Right now, I have “Romance” for my ringtone for my husband and the opening of “Moonlight Densetsu” for my everyone else ringtone, although I am thinking of changing to “Simple and Clean” since I just restarted Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories.


After I finished PGSM, I started Sailor Moon Sailor Stars. That was also a great season especially after SuperS. I’m not a big hater of ChibiUsa but she does get on my nerves and I wouldn’t have focused a whole season on her but whatever. The whole beginning with Nehellenia was okay but it got really good with the introduction of the Three Lights/Starlights. That situation was weird and wished that they would have stuck more to the manga instead of making them completely change gender. If you’ve never seen the series, then the Starlights are Sailors that come from another solar system. In the manga, they are females that disguise themselves as males and become idols to find their princess. In the anime, they are females that change into males and become idols to find their princess. The big difference is the actual changing of gender. In both versions, one of the Three Lights, Seiya, develops feelings for Usagi but it is a little more confusing in the anime. What exactly kind of relationship would that be, lesbian or straight? Seiya is actually female since that is her true form so I don’t know. But Usagi is such a pure heart that it doesn’t really matter. She loves Seiya but, of course, loves and belongs with Mamoru.


So anyway, I guess this turned into a Sailor Moon post. I’ll be talking more about the stuff I love and I’m sure Sailor Moon again. I’ll probably be posting book reviews on Tuesday or Wednesdays or maybe Thursday. I’ll figure that out later this week. Probably not Thursdays though since I usually talk about Lost that day. So Tuesdays or Wednesdays but I’ll post a link here when I do.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Although I don't watch Sailor Moon, I enjoyed the post. I look forward to seeing yours the rest of April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sailor Moon :D I've seen them all and like you I too have all the comics. I used to have a lot of the toys as well, but the older I got the less I wanted to explain my love. :/

    GL BEDA-ing!

    I'm doing it too so if you have a chance hop on over!

    ReplyDelete