Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Missed it by *that* much

I am, like most people, not famous for many things. This is generally because I am not famous but even famous people are not famous for certain things. For example, most writers are famous for writing and not necessarily their ability to tango.

What I am famous for, in my circle of the world, is being late, reading instead of doing, and watching TV shows once they are doomed. This last thing is very true. Thanks to every TV show that ever was coming out on DVD, I can start watching a show only to find out that it is canceled.

Let's take Pushing Daisies. I got the first disc in from Netflix and started watching it. So cute and so good and I love Lee Pace and Chi McBride. Then I found out that the whole series is canceled. Imagine my disappointment! So I bought the first season and am now awaiting for the second season.

This happens to me a lot with Bryan Fuller shows. When we went on our honeymoonin 2004, we had to stop at a hotel in Florida (we were driving to Disney World) and before we went to sleep, we were watching TV and Dead Like Me was on. My husband didn't want to watch it intially but I said that I wanted to see what happened and then he got interested. So when we got home I checked to see what show it was and we got the first season. Then we found out it was canceled. So we bought the second season and the movie that recently came out.


I don't remember why I decided to watch Wonderfalls. I knew it was a canceled show but I like Bryan Fuller shows so I decided to go ahead. It was weird at first but the more you got into it the better it was. The main character had a lot of growth throughout the season and that was refreshing. And it had Lee Pace so that was awesome.

Lost, although not canceled, had only two season left. I started watching it in the hiatus between season 4 and season 5. The local public library owns a lot of TV show on DVD so I got seasons1-3 on DVD from them and then watched season 4 online. Now I'm caught up and post blogs on Lost most weeks! This is also true for Gossip Girl to some extent. I got season 1 on Netflix but by the time I finished it, season 2 was already on and I started recording it on the DVR but I recently broke the DVR so I didnt' get to see most of the episodes I taped! Whaaa.

I also started recording Dollhouse because I am a huge Joss Whendon fan. It is a good show but I hadn't watched the last 3 episodes I'd tape and now they are gone too and who knows if the show is even going to be renewed. This is classic of me. This thing is all of these show are excellent but they always cancel the really good ones (Gossip Girl doesn't count since it is not going to be canceled in the forseeable future.) This makes me sad because it seems I'm doomed to forever watch a show and then see it canceled only able to watch it on DVD forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment