Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Ladybug Party {1st Birthday}

Button's first birthday party was a ladybug theme. I made the invitations using some clipart and a free scrapbook theme I found online. I like the way they came out. I ended up using the same clipart and backgrounds to make matching cupcake and favor toppers too.

 






I also used the banner from this free ladybug party kit to make one for the mantle. It took a while because I hand cut all the flower and circles but it came out cute. I had extra so I made hanging cutouts for the chandelier in the dining area. I bought from a local party store these plates for the cake as well as the matching hanging cutouts and the tablecloth. For the rest I got from the dollar store,  red plates, black plastic tableware and red cups.

I had to cut the tablecloth so I use the rest to dress up her highchair.


Balloons hanging over table made a cute touch.

I fretted over the cake for way too long but ended up making it. I had made a giant cupcake (using the Wilton pan) for her smash cake pictures and I decided that I wanted to do the same. When I googled ideas for giant cupcakes a YouTube video came up and gave me the idea of making a cupcake linear out of red candy melts. I love how it came out. I use black candy melts to make polka dots though I wish I'd printed out a guide plus to make them more even. I also wrote out a Happy Birthday for the top of her cake.  I use the leftover batter to make regular size and tiny cupcakes.





I dipped some ladybug strawberries on a whim (fun fact: I use to work at Godiva Chocolatier when I was in college) and I think it really completed the dessert table. Everyone said the cake and the strawberries were good.


For the favors I dipped some giant pretzels to make them look like ladybugs. I put them in snack-sized ziploc bags and made a favor topper that matched the invitations.

 And as an addition I put up red and black candy on the bar for people to grab as they walked by.
I used red and black Twizzlers, red and black raspberries candies and red and black jellybeans. The vases and bowls are from the dollar store.


BT made a ham and we served up ham sandwiches with chips to eat.

I really loved how it turned out. Pinterest is so great for inspiration because I find a great party is in the details and there are so many great ideas on there.


No comments:

Post a Comment