Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

The most successful slow cooker recipes at my house

I mentioned that we had been using the slow cooker a lot when the oven was broken. We've slacked off now that the oven has been fixed but I plan on using it again in the coming weeks when I get back to meal planning. It is always nice to get home and have dinner already cooked. Pinterest is a great resource for recipes (well, for everything really) and we've tried quite a few things that I've seen on there. I've liked pretty much every recipe we've tried but BT tends to be pickier. Plus he usually has to reheat the meals after he gets home from work so it might taste a little different with reheating. Unless otherwise noted, assume that Bub didn't want to eat any of this because he never eats anything. Assume that Button ate it all.

We've tried these
Crockpot enchiladas that I liked and he was just ok on.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak that didn't cook all the way through because BT set the crockpot on warm. I had to put them in the microwave but they were still okay.
Baked Potato Soup - Good. I don't give Button soup (for obvious reasons) but I liked it.
Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken - Everyone liked this.
Slower Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken - And this. But then bacon, you know.
And the Forgotten Chicken which I think was everyone's favorite.

And I did Overnight, Slow Cooker, Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal that no one but me ate but I loved.

There are a few more recipes that we've tried and nobody ate that I won't link to. Cream cheese is just not a good idea and I had to throw away a whole pot of something that looked disgusting and didn't taste much better. Since then I've learned to steer clear of slow cooker recipes that use cream cheese in them.

All in all, I've enjoyed using the slow cooker. And by that I mean having BT started supper before he leaves for work so that there is a meal ready when I get home. A few sides and boom, supper. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment