Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Elephant {the stuffed animal}

My son has a stuffed animal that he carries everywhere with him.  It is an elephant named Elephant.  Yes, we are very literal at my house.  Thank goodness he didn't name the dogs.

Anyway, Bub acquired Elephant one day at his first daycare when he was one.  One day I went to get him and they sent him home with this stuffed animal because he carried it around with all day.  So the next day I brought it back and then they sent it home with him again.  After a few days of this, he became attached.  After a while I stopped sending it back and just kept it at home.  We now need this stuffed animal.  I have no idea how old this thing is or where it originally came from but if this was Toy Story, then this animal would be in heaven.  It's pretty old though because the fabric is thin and it is currently held together by stitches and my fervent hope that it survives Bub's childhood.  He carries it everywhere, he sleeps with it, if he falls down then he physically puts the stuffed animal where it hurts so make him feel better.  It's a true comfort object. 

At the zoo together

No comments:

Post a Comment