Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

In which I celebrate my parent's anniversary

Today is my parent's 38th anniversary.  I admire their fortitude.  They haven't had the easiest marriage with plenty of problems (believe me) but they worked through it all and here they are still married to this day.  Amazing.  I can only hope to have my marriage last this long.  Marriage is so much work and anyone who says it should be effortless is a liar.  I mean, it shouldn't be a fight everyday but it is impossible for two people to get along everyday of their lives together.  But I digress.  This is about my parent's.  They have known each other a loooong time.  My mother's brother married by father's sister when my mom was 6 and my dad was 12.  So a really long time.  They started dating when she was 16ish and got married when she was almost 18, which she says was too young and might be one of the reasons I didn't get married till I was 26.  They had two daughters and now they have one grandson whom they love very very much and spoil like crazy (yay, me).  I appreciate all the sacrifices they must have made and the effort it took to stay together during a very dark period in our lives and I am grateful that they stuck it out and still like being together.

So Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment