Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

In which I explain that Yes eventually I will have another child

I have mentioned before that eventually we will be having a second child.  It's looking like the middle of next year we will start trying right now.  Which is all well and good and will fall perfectly with Bub going to kindergarten so great.  But it got me thinking about how much harder it was for me to decide when to have another one.  With Bub we decided that we would start in April of 2006, but I got pregnant in Feburary (oops) and so he came a little earlier than scheduled.  No real problem.  But with my next one I didn't want them to be too close together or too far apart.  I had intended for them to be about 3 to 3 1/2 years.  But when the time came at the beginning of this year to start, I found I wasn't ready.  I really enjoy our current family makeup right now with the three of us and the two dogs.  Not that another baby would "ruin" it but it will be chaos again for a while.  And I REALLY wanted Bub to be potty-trained.  And now that he basically is (aside from accidents and one other issue), I'm thinking it is time.  I never thought it would be so much harder to decide on the conception of a second child than a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment